Managing and planning your family’s tax affairs is a vital component in its overall financial strategy.
As well as tax returns and compliance matters, we assist with long-term planning to manage capital taxes and advise on:
- setting financial objectives and formulating plans to achieve them
- the tax consequences of alternative structuring of family finances
- the tax implications of proposed transactions
- interaction of international tax regimes for both individuals and trusts
- the creation, winding up and administration of trusts.
When dealing with deceased estates our trust company, Smith & Williamson Trust Corporation Limited, is often appointed as a corporate trustee. Our partners also act as professional trustees and executors.
Our strong relationships with the tax authorities enable us to help individuals respond to all aspects of tax investigations and conduct negotiations quickly and cost-effectively.